FIELD Exec Ed Program
The 2019 Food Industry Executive Leadership Development (FIELD) Program
the first MBA-level executive education program designed by and for the natural foods industry
MBA skills training and networking with natural foods legends for the new generation of leaders in food and CPG. Learn from top scholars and current or former CEOs. Add critical new management skills. Discover industry best practices. Build your peer network.
next program: June 2-7, 2019
FIELD 2018 Overview
FIELD is the first MBA-level executive education program designed by and for the natural foods industry. We held our inaugural program in July, 2018 – be sure to take a look at the photos and videos.
Geared for the new generation of food and CPG senior leadership, our unique format is unlike any other executive education program in the country. It combines theory and practice side by side in a team-taught setting, offering participants both MBA-level coursework and a deep dive into the tactical, practical world of running a natural products business. It marries the best of graduate business education with the pragmatic real-world experiences of practitioners – all filtered through the lens of the natural products industry’s one-of-a-kind culture of entrepreneurship, disruption, purpose-beyond-profits, and explosive triple-bottom-line growth.
The program also provides an unprecedented chance to network with others in the industry, and to experience the best of Boulder’s “living laboratory” of natural products companies.
FIELD is a certificate program and does not offer credit toward a an academic degree.
WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT
- Dynamic 1-week immersion into MBA concepts, cutting edge research AND the practical operating skills of the natural products industry
- Fantastic opportunity for networking and access to the people who built the culture and economic engine of the $200 billion industry
- Unparalleled training for top executives (Directors, VPs, SVPs, C-suite) in critical skill areas like
- Management and Leadership (organizational behavior research; hiring, retention and compensation best practices; culture of entrepreneurship; personal leadership development; business ethics and human-centered design; etc.)
- 21st Century Sales and Marketing (the latest industry trends and data; brand-building in and out of social media; omni channel sales; sales 101 and 201 tracks; data analytics and modern marketing research techniques; in the trenches with SPINS data, trade promotions, and coupons; etc.)
- Business Economics (macroeconomic view of the industry; accounting 101 and 201 tracks; the magic of margins; financial modeling and forecasting; valuation principles; negotiations training, etc.)
- Sustainability and Supply Chain Management (basic principles; regenerative ag and the circular economy; supply chain theory; certifications, etc.)
- Field trip to visit retail concepts and production facilities
- Team-taught by the world-class faculty of the CU Leeds School of Business AND many leading practitioners, including many current and former natural foods CEOs
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Directors, VPs, SVPs, C-suite members in marketing, sales, ops, finance, supply chain, and HR
- Key executives being groomed for succession
- Family businesses working on training the new generation to take over
- Entrepreneurs in the natural products industry, and those outside it who admire it
- CPG leaders who want to immerse themselves in the culture of natural foods
- Venture capitalists and investors, and leaders of their portfolio companies
- Natural products executives seeking to expand their networks and learn from the godfathers and godmothers of the industry